Friday, July 1, 2022

I'm...Just Like You

 Surprise! You're not the only one who blinks her eyes, twitches her nose, and raises her eyebrows. I do it too. While you blow your nose, comb your hair, and scratch that bug bite, I might be doing the same things too. I'm...just like you.

    I was formed out of dust, shaped in my mother's womb, and born into a sinful world, the same way you were. I cried, I smiled, I laughed, I slept...and so did you. I also had messy diapers, spit up, and got into trouble, the same way you did.


 

    Yes, sometimes I pop my pimples, just like you do. I lick my lips, drool on my pillow at night, and even stick out my tongue, waggle my fingers in my ears...you know. Just like you do!


 

    I've sat there and wondered what God's purpose for me in life is, as you do. I've had thousands, millions, of thoughts cross my expanse of brain, cried buckets of tears, laughed my head off, or talked a blue streak. You do it too.

    I'm as needy as you are, as much in need of God's grace as you are, as sinful as you are. I've needed forgiveness just as many, if not more, times than you have. Been just as impatient. Felt just as helpless, just as hopeless, just as broken.

    Let's come to the Savior together, friend, and find grace to help in time of need. Grace that you need; I need it too.


5 comments:

  1. This is beautiful, Courtney. Thank you so much for sharing. Amen. We are all one in our humanity and need...and thus we can all be one in Christ!

    ReplyDelete
  2. July first, August first, September first,October first, = almost 5 months.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A beautiful post, Courtney! Love it! Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very beautiful, Courtney! I loved this! 💕🙏

    ReplyDelete