Sunday, May 3, 2020

The Bird Nerd Reports

Thought I'd show you some of the birds I've seen this year:

This is a hooded merganser. I had seen them before, but never gotten a good picture.

Here's an agitated female mallard, taken the same day.

This bird is a white-winged crossbill.

These are wood ducks, the first time I'd ever seen any.

Here's an European Starling, in a snowy tree.

This yellow-rumped warbler (or myrtle warbler,) was outside my window just this morning.

We've been hearing a pair of birds for a while, just up the road, but we could never figure out exactly what they were. Now, according to this picture I took on our walk this afternoon, we think it's a red-shouldered hawk.

Have you been seeing any interesting birds lately?







2 comments:

  1. Interesting to hear and see of your latest sightings! I have been so happy to see my favorite birds, the goldfinches, around again the last few weeks=) Maybe they're not interesting, but precious=) And when we had our first picnic of the year, a bald eagle flew right over my head, quite low. We actually have a number of them in this area.
    Rebecca

    ReplyDelete