Sunday, December 15, 2019

Answers to Prayer

  Sometimes God answers our prayers in big ways--when the test results come back clear, or when the head-on collision is avoided. But what about the little things? Here are some of the "little" ways God has answered prayer for me in the past couple years.
 
  I was riding my bike on a trail not far from our house, and as I rode, I prayed. "I'd like to see a deer, or a moose, but what I'd really like to see is a bear," I told God as I pedaled. 20 minutes later, I came in sight of a bend and...I stopped short. What did I see? A black bear!! I had never seen one before in the wild before. Well, that was definitely an answer to prayer! After taking a quick picture of it, I started back, hoping my answer to prayer didn't chase me back home! :)

  Daddy and I went to Presque Isle early this year because I had a doctor's appointment. Then we went to get an ID for me; I didn't have a proof of residency with me. Our last stop was Lowe's. How boring, right? Well, as I was browsing the gardening section, I noticed a sign that read: End of Year Sale. All Perennials and Shrubs 90% Off. Of course, seeing as how I had wanted rosebushes for a long time, and not being willing to pay $30 for one rosebush, I jumped at the chance...and bought three!

  I was crocheting a blanket for a friend's newest brother; but I ran into a problem. I didn't have enough yarn to finish! I thought of using white, but I really wanted the blanket to match all the way through. I'm not sure if I prayed about this one or not, but I went to the thrift store not long after, and decided to look in the totes full of yarn they had for sale. (The yarn I had been using had been given to me by a neighbor who had purchased it years ago.) I found a ball of yarn in a little bag, which looked promising, and when I brought it home, it was so close to the shade I needed that you could hardly tell the difference!
   
  So there are a few examples of answered prayers. They don't have to be dramatic. They can be as simple as finding missing long underwear, like happened this afternoon. :) As a Christian, keep your eyes open, and you can see God's hand at work in your life!

1 comment:

  1. I like to remind myself that God always answers the prayers of His children--either with a yes, a no, or a wait. Though I do not always know right away what His answer is, I do know that it will be good for me. Whether He says yes, no, or wait, God is worthy of our trust!

    ReplyDelete